The beautiful Fantasia Spinning Wheel from Kromski is a high quality wheel easy enough for beginners and flexible enough for advanced spinners. Spin your own beautiful art yarns with all types of fiber or learn to ply bulky yarns with this large opening (orifice).
About the wheel:
This flyer design allows the spinner to easily and quickly transition from bobbin to bobbin without having to remove a drive band. The flyer itself is held on by a super strong rare earth magnet but easily releases with a snug pull, granting instant access to the bobbin. The flyer, bobbin and whorl are three separate components, allowing uncomplicated bobbin and whorl exchanges. Because the flyer and wheel rotate on sealed ball bearings, spinning on this wheel is smooth, quiet and effortless.
This wheel also features sliding flyer hooks, which enables the spinner to precisely adjust the yarn as the bobbin fills. The Fantasia has three interchangeable whorls available, allowing for multiple spinning speeds/ratios and giving the spinner a wide variety of yarn types to create. If you are contemplating adding a modern wheel to your collection, you will not be disappointed with the offerings found in the Fantasia.
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Threading Hook
- Wood Wheel Frame & Base
- Strong and durable premium MDF wheel
- Matte finish metal carrying handle
- Wheel Diameter : 46cm (18 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 5 and 8:1
- Additional whorls : 10 and 14:1 and 18 and 20:1
- Standard and Jumbo flyer available
- Durable brass bearings on treadles
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Double Treadle
- On board Lazy Kate (2 bobbin capacity)
- Total Wheel weight : 5.7kg (12.5 lbs)
And when you’re ready to put all that beautiful yarn to use be sure to check out our great beginner looms like my personal favorite, the Kromski Harpe Forte here.