10 hour beginner weaving class (Rigid Heddle)
Are you ready to start your weaving journey? I'm opening up my studio for private lessons where I teach you all the tricks of the trade and get you going on your very own project. For this class you'll be using a Rigid Heddle loom where we'll dive in together to create a simple and stunning project for you to complete and take home.
Here are some detail about what's included:
- Includes rental of rigid heddle loom
- Description: We will be going through the basics of weaving including terminology, loom mechanics, reading and creating drafts, threading the loom, weaving structures, and finishing techniques.
- We will be doing a beginner project of your choice between hand towels, scarf, or table runner.
- Cotton yarn will be provided.
- If you wish to purchase the loom after the cost of the rental will be deducted from the loom cost.
Each class will take place at the Daughter studio inside Abode Studios. Hours of the class will be on a schedule agreed upon by both parties. For the rigid heddle loom class you may take the loom home between sessions to work, but the loom must be returned. If you choose to purchase the loom your rental fee will be deducted from the cost of the loom.
These classes will be available from January - April 2022.